Subject: Problem with NetBSD2.0 on Sparc (kernel panic)
To: None <NetBSD-Help@NetBSD.org>
From: Marten Karl <sparc@milkbar.ul.bawue.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/13/2004 20:56:59
Hello.

I have had a Sun Sparcstation 20. It was running on NetBSD 1.5.2 very well.
Today I tried to install NetBSD 2.0 onto the system by an upgrade. The
upgrade process runs without larger problems. Only some small problems in
user/mode-settings of two files and a version difference for a senmail config
file. So I tried to reboot, but this ended up in a kernel panic. :-(
The last output is:
cgsix0 at sbus0 slot 2 offset 0x0 level 9: SUNW,501-2253, 1152 x 900, rev 11
(console) data fault: pc=0xf023b944 addr=0xfe135ba8
sfsr=326<PERR=0,LVL=3,AT=1,FT=1,FAV,0W>
Then the stopping message appears:
panic: kernel fault

So I tried to make a complete freh install onto an unused harddisk. But the
result was the same. Just now I think, that there is an error in the driver
for the cgsix graphics adapter or an error in my hardware.

Does anyboy know something around my problem?

With best regards
Marten