Subject: Re: Problem with date command
To: None <ipt@scraemon.org>
From: Mark E. Perkins <perkinsm@bway.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/12/2004 13:20:25
On 12/12/04 12:20, ipt@scraemon.org wrote:
> The date command isn't giving output consistent with its man page.  This
> command, 'date +%c/%m/%d', should display
>
> 	2004/12/12
>
> instead it displays
>
> 	Sun Dec 12 11:57:24 2004/12/12
>
> This used to display correctly in versions past, although I don't
> remember which versions exactly.  I'm running 2.0 right now.

I can't comment on 2.0 behavior, since I don't have it running anywhere
just yet. But I tried this on 1.5.something and 1.6.2 and get the same
result that you did. I can get the result you *want* with 'date +%Y/%m/%d'
on both of those systems. My reading of the man page for strftime(3)
suggests that all is as it should be.

HTH,
Mark