Subject: Re: Using netgroups in /etc/group
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Lord Clark Frazier Hale I <xlark@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/11/2004 20:23:54
On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 03:04:19AM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> Alternatively you could read the man page for su, specially
> the following parts:

I'm afraid I haven't upgraded to 2.0, nor do I run -current so these
things aren't in my local manpages ;)

>      SU_ROOTAUTH        If defined, it specifies a group whose members are
>                         allowed to become ``root'' by supplying their own
>                         password instead of the ``root'' one.
>
>      SU_INDIRECT_GROUP  If defined, the SU_GROUP and SU_ROOTAUTH groups are
>                         treated as indirect groups.  The group members of
>                         those two groups are treated as groups themselves.

I may look into these when I upgrade, but that shall be a few months.  I
may use SU_GROUP to change wheel to some group only in my NIS database,
rather than try and add to /etc/group.  I'm still waffling over whether or
not it's a good idea.

Thanks,

Clark
--