Subject: Re: ogle and /dev/audio
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Thierry LACOSTE <lacoste@univ-paris12.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/29/2004 11:19:58
> I don't know if this will help you any, but if you're willing to use
> mplayer instead, you can tell mplayer to send the sound to a file,
> then tell it to use /dev/null for the file...  (There may also be an
> mplayer option to simply skip producing any sound.)

Thanks. In fact, my question was mis-formulated :
indeed ogle or mplayer let you specify a null audio device
so it's OK for them.

I'm actually looking for a quick and dirty (but reversible)
way to make /dev/audio attached to a null driver
such that any application that needs /dev/audio will work.

Regards,
Thierry.