Subject: Re: ogle and /dev/audio
To: Thierry Lacoste <th.lacoste@wanadoo.fr>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/29/2004 01:57:54
I don't know if this will help you any, but if you're willing to use
mplayer instead, you can tell mplayer to send the sound to a file,
then tell it to use /dev/null for the file...  (There may also be an
mplayer option to simply skip producing any sound.)

You may also be able to play audio over a network if a nearby computer
has audio capabilities that you can use.  (Especially with mplayer,
which tends to have drivers and options for all kinds of things.
ogle tends, in my experience, to usually just default to doing what
I mostly want---but seems to have fewer options.)