Subject: Re: 1.6.2 -> 2.0
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/28/2004 08:17:23
On Sunday, November 28, 2004, at 01:13 AM, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> Maybe you can show the lines you are talking about. I have probably
> used
> pkg_tarup over a thousand times to create packages that have been
> reused.
> It never deleted any files nor any packages for me.

I see where my error was:  I was reading his internal function

create_package()

to be the same as pkg_create.

           eval pkg_create "${PKG_ARGS}"

I get it! :)  This is exactly was I was looking for a few weeks ago- so
it's pretty easy to bundle up installed items in case an update goes
wild or something, after all.

Thanks all,

Brian
--
WARNING! Acme constructs each Klein Bottle from genuine Baryonic
matter. Do