Subject: Re: sysctl -w kern.mbuf.nmbclusters=8192 not possible?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: theo borm <theo_nbsdhelp@borm.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/24/2004 07:20:50
cube@cubidou.net wrote:

>On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 07:52:30PM +0100, theo borm wrote:
>[...]
>

>>can anyone confirm that kern.mbuf.nmbclusters is writeable?
>>

>Not on all archs.  That includes i386.

sigh... so thats the problem... shouldn't something like that be documented
(in the man pages)?

Thanks; I'll try to recompile a new kernel with higher
kern.mbuf.nmbclusters,
though that will be difficult as well; for one or another reason I seem
to be
having serious problems bootstrapping build on a 2.0BETA machine; kernel
compilation is OK (well, except for a warning for some % construct), but the
kernel invariably drops me into ddb. <sigh>  Well perhaps I shouldn't have
been so adventurous and have waited for 2.0STABLE.

cheers,

Theo