Subject: CD record and CD identification tags.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/23/2004 07:17:48
I can't see this answered in the cdrecord man page, so I thought that I'd
ask here:

Is there any way to set an audio CD identifier tag using a CD burner?
(In particular, with cdrecord.)

This is mostly an idle question at the moment, but I am engaged in
small scale production of some audio material that eventually gets
burned to (audio) CD.  At present, that is just a vehicle for getting
the audio material to a local radio station, where it is played
about once.  But the possibility of making batches of CDs for
distribution is not inconceivable.  It would be nice if we could tag
the CD with an identifier.

So the other half of the question is, if we can do this with CD-R
type drives---whether or not cdrecord supports it---how do we get
a unique ID?  Is there a clearing house where we can reserve a block
of them?  There are doubtless other people who can answer this last
part, but I figure that if anyone can answer the first part they can
probably answer the second part, too.  (^&