Subject: Re: problem with installing php [followup]
To: Colin J. Raven <colin@kozy-kabin.nl>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/21/2004 23:12:23
On Sunday, November 21, 2004, at 07:15 PM, Colin J. Raven wrote:

>> But in any case, if you can't get it to work, I'd
>> recommend updating your pkgsrc and try it again.
>>
> I can't, that's the problem. The new(er) pkgsrc won't run under my old
> kernel.

What makes you say that?  I think we have the exact same machine; Qube
2, 1.6.1 from Dennis' netboot CD image.   I updated my pkgsrc about 30
days ago; works fine.  I'd updated my kernel but only to enable SCSI,
netatalk, PPP, stuff like that- no actual revision updates.  Well
except for the LCD patch I guess.

There are smarter ways to do it I think but

setenv CVSROOT anoncvs@anoncvs.NetBSD.org:/cvsroot
setenv CVS_RSH ssh
cd /usr/pkgsrc
cvs -q update -dP
/usr/pkg/sbin/download-vulnerability-list

should do you just fine.  I would expect that using a current pkgsrc
file, will result in the appearance of all the libraries you expect.

HTH.

Brian

--
... we parted each feeling