Subject: Re: dvd and sound card
To: None <cube@cubidou.net>
From: Thierry Lacoste <th.lacoste@wanadoo.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/21/2004 15:17:31
On Sunday 21 November 2004 14:39, cube@cubidou.net wrote:

> > > After a quick glance at the Linux driver, looks like it's a new device,
> > > i.e. it needs its own driver, which NetBSD doesn't have.
> >
> > Thanks. What are the options in such cases ?
>
> Not many.  I haven't looked really close at it, but I couldn't find any
> docs for the ATI IXP chipset so far besides the poorly documented Linux
> drivers.
>
> One thing that would be very great to do is to write documentation from the
> Linux driver, then someone could start working on a BSD-licensed driver.
>
> BTW, how does the IDE chip appear?  If it's the IXP chip too, then it
> probably only appears as pciide, which is sub-obtimal.  But then again,
> that chip needs a specific driver, which doesn't exist yet.
I have no information on the chip except the output of dmesg.
I checked the laptop manual but couldn't find answers.

> [...]
>
> > In the meantime, someone suggested I use mount
> > with the "-t cd9660" option, which works.
> > I don't understand the differrence.
>
> "mount" looks into the disklabel to retrieve the file-system type.
> See what 'disklabel cd0' propduces for the 'a' partition.  I don't like it
> either :)

I just realized that I typed "mount /mnt/cdrom/"
because I use bash's tab completion.

"mount /mnt/cdrom" works perfectly.
I shoud've notice that. Sorry for the noise :(

Regards,
Thierry.