Subject: problem with installing php
To: NetBSD Help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Colin J. Raven <colin@kozy-kabin.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/20/2004 18:02:54
Hi all!
The Qube2 saga continues, but I think this is NetBSD specific as opposed
to any port specific monkeyness.

In attempting to install php I cd'd to /usr/pkgsrc/www/php4 and did the
usual 'make install clean'
The pkg proggy attempted to get php but failed with this error message:

=> Couldn't fetch php-4.2.3.tar.gz - please try to retrieve this
=> file manually into /usr/pkgsrc_distfiles/ and try again.

so I did, and it's definitely there as shown:

root@kenmore /pkgsrc/www/php4$ ls -al /usr/pkgsrc/distfiles |grep php
-rw-r--r--   1 root   wsrc       5452 Nov 20 17:37 php-4.2.3.tar.gz

then I ran make install clean all over again, naiively assuming it would
now recognize its source file and do its thing....but alas I got the
same error message once again:

=> Couldn't fetch php-4.2.3.tar.gz - please try to retrieve this
=> file manually into /usr/pkgsrc_distfiles/ and try again.

I have *no* idea what to do next....as always...do any of you gurus have
any clue as to how I can tell pkg how to go ahead and do what it has to
do (since I went and got the file for it and put it where it should be)

perms and ownership for this file are the same as for every other
"auto-pkg'd" file in distfiles BTW.

Regards & - as always - TIA,
-Colin