Subject: Re: how do Linux cp(1) options translate to NetBSD's cp options?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Henry Nelson <netb@yuba.kcn.ne.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/19/2004 06:33:05
On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 08:53:14AM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Henry Nelson wrote:
> > Anyone know what the NetBSD equivalent to `cp -pd` is?  I've read the man
> > page but don't understand what the differences are between the two cp's.
>
> Try cp -Rp
>
> The -R "causes symbolic links to be copied".

Thanks everyone.  Being too impatient, I went ahead and tried "cp -PR".
Seemed to "work", but if it gave me the results the guy wanted, well...
Anyway, I sent him a PR (haw, haw).

BTW, the library was "libmoe" (functions to handle multiple octets
character encoding scheme); sounds pretty nifty:
http://pub.ks-and-ks.ne.jp/prog/libmoe/

h.