Subject: Re: 2.0 - When? This year?
To: Peter I. Hansen <pih@bsdmail.dk>
From: Chris <racerx@makeworld.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/17/2004 18:21:33
Peter I. Hansen wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>
>> 2.0 - When?  Quoting from the NetBSD site on October 8th (more then a
>> month ago) -
>>
>> "To allow for testing of this new release candidate, the final release
>> of NetBSD 2.0 is expected to be pushed back about 1-2 weeks. Binary
>> snapshots will soon be available on the mirrors of the NetBSD release
>> engineering ftp server."
>>

> It seems like nobody on netbsd-help knows, or wants to give away
> information about this...

I agree - And the typical "It will be released when it's released" is
not only disingenuous, but also shows infantile behavior that one might
deem unacceptable in a well-manor ed, and obviously intelligent list as
this.

 From many of the replies I have gotten, many offered at least
alternative means of moving away from the version that's been set on us
for more then a year now.

To you folks - I thank you.  Still, all in all - there ought not be any
secretiveness to this. If there are issues, be forthright - let us know.

Hey guys, we're extending the release date due to x, y, and z. It's not
hard keeping the user base in some shade, if not in the light directly.

--
Best regards,
Chris

The deficiency will never show itself during the test runs.