Subject: Re: Need to install X-Headers
To: Simas Mockevicius <symka@NetBSD.vejas.lt>
From: Colin J. Raven <colin@kozy-kabin.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/14/2004 20:07:23
On Nov 14, at 16:59, Simas Mockevicius dumped this effluent into the bitstream:

> > On Sunday, November 14, 2004, at 09:36 AM, Colin J. Raven wrote:
> >

> > >Can anyone point me in the right direction as to _where_ to go to get
> > >these seemingly elusive X-Headers?
> >
> > Try:
> >  ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/xsrc/
>
> Hi,
>
> as far as I know, you need only xbase.tgz and xcontrib.tgz from
> original 1.6.1/MIPS distribution which can be find in binary/sets/
> cd or NetBSD ftp:
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6.1/mipsco/binary/sets/
> untar them in to root (/) directory:
> cd /
> tar -xvvzf /path/to/xbase.tgz
> tar -xvvzf /path/to/xcontrib.tgz
>
> and then
>
> cd /usr/pkgsrc/net/mrtg/ ; make install clean

I followed your directions to the letter.

Sadly it didn't work. The install in /usr/pkgsrc/net/mrtg/ stopped on
the same errors as previously.

I did a make deinstall, started again and it failed at the same point
again. All I need are these damn X-Headers.

I have *no* idea what to do next....I'm almost at the odd stage of
declaring that this can't be installed....now surely, that's impossible

-Colin