Subject: Re: Need to install X-Headers
To: Colin J. Raven <colin@kozy-kabin.nl>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/14/2004 09:02:36
On Sunday, November 14, 2004, at 09:36 AM, Colin J. Raven wrote:

> Can anyone point me in the right direction as to _where_ to go to get
> these seemingly elusive X-Headers?

Try:
  ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/xsrc/

Those are customized for NetBSD.  They compiled alright on my Qube2 /
1.6.1 but I'd not tried to fire them up, as I found another option for
the item that was going to need the X stuff. I would never have found
them there if I had not asked on port-cobalt.

There are 4? 5? separate tarballs to download at the location above.

I guess that X will never make it into pkgsrc, it's licensed
differently.  From what I read/recall.  Someone will correct me if I'm
wrong :)

That's -current, and some of the tarballs were modified last night, if
they won't compile or run properly on your 1.6.1 I still have the set
from March that I can make available to you, as I know those at least
compile.

Brian

--
WARNING! Acme constructs each Klein Bottle from genuine Baryonic
matter. Do