Subject: Re: Advice regarding e-mail headers
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/10/2004 20:31:05
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 17:11:57 -0800 (PST), "Jeremy C. Reed"
<reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
> Maybe not related to your headers, but probably Verizon doesn't accept
> email from any dsl.speakeasy.net host. I notice online that many block
> dsl.speakeasy.net, so you may want to route some of your outbound mail
> through speakeasy's own mail servers.

Confirmed, or at least supported:

$ for H in $(dig verizon.com mx |grep 'MX ' | awk '{ print $6 }'); do
telnet $H 25; done
Trying 192.76.82.131...
Trying 192.76.86.129...
Trying 192.76.80.129...

Test performed on the host from which this mail was sent.

How pathetic.

--jkl