Subject: Re: Advice regarding e-mail headers
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Ian Patrick Thomas <ipt@scraemon.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/08/2004 20:48:59
--8NvZYKFJsRX2Djef

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 05:11:57PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Ian Patrick Thomas wrote:
>=20
> > without any issues.  However, I just received an error message when att=
empting
> > to send a message through Verizon's mail server.  It stated that I wasn=
't
> > allowed to send mail.  Is this caused by the domain listed in the From:=
 on the
> > envelope not being able to be confirmed with a DNS?  Could it be caused=
 by
> > the fact that I currently have my MX set to scraemon.org, and not
> > netdaemon.scraemon.org?
>=20
> Maybe not related to your headers, but probably Verizon doesn't accept
> email from any dsl.speakeasy.net host. I notice online that many block
> dsl.speakeasy.net, so you may want to route some of your outbound mail
> through speakeasy's own mail servers.
>=20
>  Jeremy C. Reed
>=20
>  	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
> 	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/
>=20

I'm surprised that Verizon would do this.  The domain on my e-mail,=20
scraemon.org, resolves back to the IP the e-mail was sent from.=20
Verizon blocking my mail kind of defeats the point of paying for a domain
name and getting it set up with DynDNS. =20

I'll give Speakeasy a call and see what they suggest.  Thanks for the info.

Ian

--8NvZYKFJsRX2Djef

--8NvZYKFJsRX2Djef--