Subject: Re: Advice regarding e-mail headers
To: Ian Patrick Thomas <ipt@scraemon.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/08/2004 17:11:57
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Ian Patrick Thomas wrote:

> without any issues.  However, I just received an error message when attempting
> to send a message through Verizon's mail server.  It stated that I wasn't
> allowed to send mail.  Is this caused by the domain listed in the From: on the
> envelope not being able to be confirmed with a DNS?  Could it be caused by
> the fact that I currently have my MX set to scraemon.org, and not
> netdaemon.scraemon.org?

Maybe not related to your headers, but probably Verizon doesn't accept
email from any dsl.speakeasy.net host. I notice online that many block
dsl.speakeasy.net, so you may want to route some of your outbound mail
through speakeasy's own mail servers.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 open source, Unix, *BSD, Linux training
	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/