Subject: Re: More than one hostname assigned to a machine (slightly OT)
To: Colin J. Raven <colin@kozy-kabin.nl>
From: Daniel Eggert <eggert@macvaerk.dtu.dk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/07/2004 21:54:37
On 7. nov 2004, at 22:21, Colin J. Raven wrote:

>> On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 10:28:20 +0000 (UTC)
>> "Colin J. Raven" <colin@kozy-kabin.nl> wrote:
>>> Greetings all!
>>>
>>> Crazy though this sounds, I need my little qube to answer to more
>>> than
>>
>> Not crazy at all.  I can't think of one machine that I run that
>> answers
>> to only one host name.
>
> That's a relief! :)

Slightly OT:

One thing to bear in mind related to https (SSL): Since the ssl session
is started once you connect and before apache's name based virtual host
kicks in, you can not have different certificates for different host
names, unless they have different IP addresses.

Since certificates contain the host name they are valid for this might
be a problem, as user will get an alert about the certificate not
matching the host name.

/Daniel