Subject: More than one hostname assigned to a machine
To: NetBSD Help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Colin J. Raven <colin@kozy-kabin.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/07/2004 10:28:20
Greetings all!

Crazy though this sounds, I need my little qube to answer to more than
one machine name....or something like that :) Let me give you an example
of what I mean:

The current FQDN is bosch.bonkers.nl
(bonkers.nl is in DNS and assigned to my DSL router IP.) All currently
works as it should absent any problems.

I also have a DNS entry for noodle.nl and *it* too has the IP of my DSL
router.
How can I make my box answer to bosch.noodle.nl - as well as
bosch.bonkers.nl.

For that matter of it, could I even assign a different
hostname for any transactions involving noodle.nl?

Sorry to be such a n00b, I've read through the NetBSD docs and while
helpful, don't offer up any hints of a scenario such as the one outlined
above.

Regards & Warm Thanks for any & all suggestions,
-Colin
--
Colin J. Raven
NetBSD on a Cobalt Qube2 - http://www.NetBSD.org - Free, as in "beer"