Subject: QUICKTIME(Plugin) and mozilla-linux or firefox-gtk2-linux
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Shigeki UNO <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/04/2004 03:40:04
 Does anyone have an experience that you were able to view the following site with either
mozilla-linux(pkgsrc/www/mozilla-bin) or firefox-gtk2-linux(pkgsrc/www/firefox-gtk2-bin)?

 These browsers can get along with flash and java-vm but the only one thing that I don't
get it is QUICKTIME plugin. I know there is a software called mplayerplug-in (pkgsrc/
multimedia/moz-mplayer) but this is for NetBSD native.

 I would like to watch trailers with the above browsers because flash player works
nicely under mozilla-linux and firefox-gtk2-linux.

          http://www.pixar.com/theater/trailers/incredibles/index.html
          http://www.apple.com/trailers/

 Do I need to install mplayer for linux and its dependencies and mplayerplug-in?

Any comments?

TIA,
---
Shigeki UNO