Subject: Re: New logo
To: Timothy A. Musson <timothy.musson@zin-tech.com>
From: Benjamin Walkenhorst <krylon@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/02/2004 18:36:24
Hello,

Timothy A. Musson wrote:

>I get the feeling that many people are confusing the FreeBSD logo with the NetBSD logo. NetBSD's logo wasn't the cute Daemon, it was a group of muscle-bound daemons erecting a flag a-la the US Iwo Jima victory statue.

No, I was aware of that. I liked the old logo. I have to admit that I
did not know anything about the statute
it was alluding to, I just find it looks funny. =)
Is there some deeper background to the statue I should know about?
(I think this is rather off-topic - anyone willing to give me a lesson
on that statue should probably contact me privately.)

Kind regards,
Benjamin