Subject: Re: 3D scatter plots.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/29/2004 21:05:14
Richard Rauch wrote:
> A third option is something like "dx" in ...pkgsrc/graphics.  This
> is an IBM (I think) created program, also known as Data Explorer.
> It may be exactly what you are looking for, but may be a bit
> overkill.

I considered all the suggestions and decided to go for dx (aka
OpenDX) first. It is indeed just what I was looking for, and over-
kill too...just as I was warned. I had to buy a book on it and also
sign up for the mailing list. But I think it will be just the trick.

It builds very fine on NetBSD 1.6.2_RC4 and the first three tutorials
from said book ($55 ouch) went exactly as described. Someone from the
OpenDX support staff sent me PNGs of scatter plots from my own data
and they are most excellent. As good as from DPLOT (not free) on Win32
and such as to blow gnuplot clean out of the water.

Thanks to all for their kind advice.

Gan

--

  Mistera Sturno - Rarest Extinct Bird