Subject: Re: slow startx
To: Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/05/2004 09:08:21
On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 04:50:12PM -0400, Charles Swiger wrote:
>On Aug 4, 2004, at 1:53 PM, d.zanon@infinito.it wrote:
>> I'm sorry for the question... and I'm sorry for my first
>> reply to the list, I had not read your email.
>> Thank you very much,
>
>Certainly, you're welcome.
>
>[ There's a social convention on the freebsd-questions list which says
>one should always CC: someone asking questions to make sure they get a
>copy even if they are not subscribed to the list they posted to.

personally, i prefer to be cc'ed and get a separate (and additional
copy) of everything.  they get filed differently on my system (cc to
me goes into my inbox whereas list copies go to my list folder).

>Mailman is usually smart enough to notice when this happens and will
>refrain from sending list subscribers an additional copy.  I'm not sure
>whether those conventions are the same for netbsd-help, so if anyone
>has strong opinions on this matter, I'm willing to adjust. ]

hmmm...i hope mailman is also smart enough to be able to tell when
someone wants a second copy...

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
werdna@squooshy.com       * "information is power -- share the wealth."