Subject: first boot into single user mode
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: markel <markel@metta.lk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/28/2004 09:50:59
I just installed netbsd for the first time on an o f 3 emac

I don't know how to use an advanced operating system

I had to use the reinstall ... option to avoid disklabel so I can use os 9

after booting , it told me you recomend creating a non root account , but I
don't know how to do that

I couldn't access the man pages from the default shell, and I couldn't
change the shell

It said permission denied , when I typed /etc/rc.conf , although it didn't
give me an error when I typed rc_configured=yes in /etc

I'm worried about not being able to understand the man pages

gracias
mark loesch

--
A saying of the Buddha from http://metta.lk/