Subject: Trouble compiling gcc-3.3.4
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Gabriele=20Svelto?= <nantoseiken@yahoo.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/19/2004 11:19:34
 Hi,
I installed NetBSD 1.6.2 for the first time to give it
a try and I am pretty pleased with it but I am having
a lot of trouble with gcc. I tried recompiling
gcc-3.3.4 (from the pkgsrc tree) whithout success. I
have first recompiled binutils and gcc-2.95.3, then I
compiled gcc3-c which worked fine but when I got to
gcc3-c++ I get an internal compiler error in
gengtype.c at the end of the yylex() function. I have
tried compiling it with the stock gcc-2.95.3 which
comes with the NetBSD installation but it crashes even
sooner into gcc3-c. I have tried compiling gcc34 but
again the xgcc built in the stage1 crashes during the
stage2 compilation. I installed the binary packages of
both gcc-3.3.1 and gcc-3.3.3 but I continue to get
internal compiler errors when compiling both gcc3 or
gcc34 (at different points during the compilation
process). Is this a known problem? I followed the
installation guide when installing and I don't believe
I've done something strange during the installation
process so I'm pretty puzzled since no matter what
combination of compilers I try I am unable to get a
working gcc3 compiler.

Yahoo! Companion - Scarica gratis la toolbar di Ricerca di Yahoo!
http://companion.yahoo.it