Subject: Re: post canonical mappings not working
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2004.salmi.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/15/2004 12:12:01
Hello,

stefan@binarchy.net --> netbsd-help (2004-07-15 01:17:44 +0200):
> I am trying to set up postfix on my laptop (netbsd-1.6.2/i386).

So that's Postfix 1.1.3?

> I am basically using the same configuration as on my desktop machine
> (gentoo linux),

Postfix 2.x?

> where everything works just fine (I am sending this mail from the gentoo box).
> On my laptop, canonical mapping does not work though...
[...configuration...]

Hmm, that should work AFAICT...

> I have found this via google:
> http://kimmo.suominen.com/2004/05/24/postfix-canonical-rewriting/

That's about Postfix 2.1.1 and newer; you're probably using Postfix 1.1.3.

> Does this mean canonical rewriting is now off by default in netbsd?
> If so, how can I re-enable it? This does not seem to be documented in
> the docs yet...

No, it works fine, I just tried with Postfix 1.1.3 shipped with a NetBSD
1.6.2 system. It also works with Postfix 2.1.3 from pkgsrc.

How do you send messages? I'm sure you configured /etc/mailer.conf
to use Postfix instead of Sendmail...

Cheers, Jukka

--
bashian roulette: