Subject: automounting msdosfs ?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Rudi Ludwig <rudihl@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/13/2004 21:45:00
Why does anyone want to automount an msdos-filesystem?

I wanted to use USB-Memorysticks as simple as a CD with automounter
-deamon as shown in :/usr/share/examples/amd$

The kernel is configured to map the USB-stick to the first scsi-drive.
So from this perspective things are okay. And manually mounting as root
workes fine. E.g.: # mount -t msdos /dev/sd0a /mnt/usb

But looking througth the man pages of amd I did not find the right
parameter to make amd mount an msdos filesystem.

To make things worse, I would prefer to have both USB and CD automounted
to the same directory: /media/cd  and /media/sd which will most likely
break the default-part in the config-file below.

Note the part for the USB below _does not_ work, but describes
best my intention. Anyone succeded with that attempt?

# $NetBSD: cd,v 1.3 2000/08/11 11:59:44 soda Exp $
#
# /cd - mount local CD ROM by cd'ing into it: cd /cd/drive0
#       be sure to mkdir /cd before using this. Umount by typing
#       "amq -u /cd/drive0" etc.
#
/defaults  type:=cdfs;opts:=ro,nosuid,nodev

cd              dev:=/dev/cd0a

/defaults     type:=msdos;opts:=rw,nosuid,nodev
sd            dev:/dev/sd0a