Subject: Re: booting windows on wd0, netbsd on wd1
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Bex <Peter.Bex@student.kun.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/13/2004 14:55:18
--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 01:11:51PM +0100, Ja'far Railton wrote:
> Hello
>=20
> I have had a look at the archives etc. Some info is outdated  it seems,=
=20
> some a bit vague (for me). So if anyone can tell me (or point me to)=20
> the best way to install NetBSD on wd1 and have it bootable, I would=20
> appreciate it.
>=20
> At the moment I have Win98 on the first 6 GB HD, Linux on the second,=20
> and I boot from GRUB. I want to wipe Linux and put NetBSD in its place.
>=20
> TIA
> Ja'far

I have a similar setup.  It seems that the NetBSD bootloader is currently
not capable of booting NetBSD from another disk than the bootdisk.
I had to resort to using GRUB.  It's in pkgsrc, so you don't need to
leave Linux installed to use GRUB.

My /grub/menu.lst looks like this:

-----
# For booting Windows NT or Windows95