Subject: Re: USB to serial cable (ATEN/IOGEAR UC232A)
To: Bogdan Mihalcea <unicorn65@zappmobile.ro>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/05/2004 17:40:31
On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 06:16:14PM +0300, Bogdan Mihalcea wrote:
> Malheureusement, ca n'a pas marché! Je vais vous expliquer ce que j'ai
> fait! Dans le directeur /etc/ppp, j'ai crée le fichier _chat-zapp_ qui a
> le contenu suivant:
>
> ABORT  "NO CARRIER"
> ABORT  "NO DIALTONE"
> ABORT  "ERROR"
> ABORT  "BUSY"
> ABORT  "Username/Password Incorrect"
> ""  "ATZ"
> OK  "AT&C0+CRM=1"
> OK  "ATDT#777"  (the dial-up number for my CDMA service provider)
>
> Aprés ca, j'ai crée un autre fichier (nomée disons Nokia), dans le
> directeur /etc/ppp/peers. Son contenu est
>
> ttyU0 230400 crtscts
> connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v -f  /etc/ppp/chat-zapp'
> noauth
> defaultroute
> usepeerdns
>
> I tried to initialize the modem with
>
> # pppd call Nokia
>
> Nothing happens. Under Linux it worked with ttyUSB0 instead of  ttyU0.
> It seems that I'm stuck. I have two entries in the /dev directory :
> ttyU0 and ttyU1. Any hint is wellcome.

maybe try dtyU0 instead of ttyU0

can you try to connect directly to the device with cu:
cu --nostop -f -s 115200 -l /dev/dtyU0
then if you type "atz" it should anserw "ok".

You may need to fix perms on /dev/dtyU0 and /var/spool/lock (need to be R/W
for user uucp).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>