Subject: PCD 20376 controller
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Bogdan Mihalcea <bmihal@inflpr.ro>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/17/2004 12:27:18
Hi,

I am a NetBSD newbie, with a 2 years FreeBSD experience. I upgraded my
computer at home and currently have a Soltek 75FRN-RL2 mainboard,
nVIDIA NForce2 Ultra 400 chipset (AMD socketA) based and a  Promise
PDC20376 integrated RAID controller. The hard-disk is a 120 GB SATA
Western Digital, configured as RAID-0 (stripe). It's the only hard-disk
on the system. Unfortunately, it can only be accessed through the RAID
controller.
When I try to install NetBSD, the system reports: reports "I found no
hard disk for use by NetBSD". It can't see either the onboard LAN (the
nForce2 LAN chipset). I used NetBSD-1.6.2, NetBSD-1.6CZ and NetBSD-2.0
beta CDs, while trying to install. Not even NetBSD-2.0 helped me. I
would prefer to install 2.0. I was able to install FreeBSD-5.2.1 on the
computer.
I would be much obliged if someone could tell me what's to be done, in
order to install NetBSD on my computer.
Thank you very much,

Bogdan