Subject: Re: sun-jdk14-2.2
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/27/2004 19:13:52
--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

Al Urbaitis <avu@lanl.gov> wrote:
> I am having some trouble installing sun-jdk14-2.2
>=20
> Target i386 NetBSD 1.6.1
=20
> then ...
> make
> and got the message....
> sun-jdk14-2.2 is not available for NetBSD-1.6.1-i386

Sun's JDK 1.4.x does not run well on NetBSD-1.6.x.  It requires some
changes made to the linux emulation code that are currently only
available in -current and what will become 2.0.

I believe that Sun's JDK 1.3.x does still function under NetBSD 1.6.x,
but it requires a few kernel options (IIRC) and is still not that great.

If running -current is not an option, then you can try to:
- download the source code for the Sun JDK
- download the patches from http://www.eyesbeyond.com/freebsddom/java
- build a native JDK

However, since building a native JDK requires a functional JDK to start
with, I'm not sure how far you will get with the 1.3 JDK on NetBSD
1.6.1.

-Jan

--=20
   This is so cool I have to go to the bathroom.

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ

--mP3DRpeJDSE+ciuQ--