Subject: static IP problems
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/26/2004 12:27:21
Over the weekend I figured out how to give my box a static IP
(ifconfig.if file), rather than get a dynamic one from my Linksys
router, so I could use it as a server.  The address is working fine on
my internal network - I can connect with ssh and samba.  The problem is
that my ssh and http mappings across the router are not working...I
cannot connect from outside.  Neither can it connect to anything outside
my network.  So that kind of defeats the purpose.

Not being very knowledgable about networking, I can only assume I missed
setting up some gateway information or something like that.  But the
scattered resources I've found online haven't been much help, or are
more specific to Linux configuration.  If anyone could post a pointer to
a good networking info site, or suggest what I might have done wrong,
I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,
Tim

--