Subject: Setting up aspell in Pine
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Jonathan <j.e.drews@worldnet.att.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/19/2004 20:38:10
Hi:

 I figured out how to enable Aspell spell checking in Pine (mail/pine). Is
there a way I can submit this as a FAQ? I had to Google around for a
while to get this working and it would save other NetBSD users some
effort.

To enable Aspell spell checking:

1) Install textproc/aspell and install textproc/aspell-<your_language>

2) Type S for setup, C for config, then W for where is. Type in "speller"

3) Type "C" to change the value and enter:   aspell --mode=email check
   Hit return to install the change and then exit the configuration by
   typing "E". Press "Y" to have the change accepted

4) aspell spell checking is now enabled in pine.