Subject: Re: ipf / ipnat statements without effect
To: Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net>
From: Patrick Leslie Polzer <leslie.polzer@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/19/2004 08:34:48
On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:57:07 -0700
Randy Beaudreault <maccult@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Why do you need the ex0 mapping?  Do you need all the packets that
> are going out that interface to have the source IP of ex0?
Yes. I can elaborate my setup further (ppp0 left out):

192.168.1.2 (my main workstation)
          <- tlp0 ->
   192.168.1.1 (NAT box)
          <-  ex0 ->
  the 192.168.34.0/23 network ('uninet')

192.168.1.2 needs access to 'uninet' to use HTTP and FTP services.
I could use a proxy for that, but I like proper routing with NAT more
(doesn't require fiddling around with proxy server settings and
clients' proxy settings, can do rdr, can offer more services).

Oh, and thanks so far for your time. I really appreciate it.

Leslie