Subject: RE: sparc oddities
To: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
From: Conrad T. Pino <NetBSD-Current@Pino.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/12/2004 22:03:19
Hi James,

> From: James K. Lowden
>
> I just installed 1.6.2 on a SPARCstation-5.  I'm having a few problems:

Is this a brand new install or an upgrade from prior NetBSD version?

> 1.  /etc/rc complains mightily about things not set in rc.conf, but I
> don't know what they are or why I'd want to set them.

Normally file "/etc/defaults/rc.conf" sets default values for all scripts
run by "/etc/rc" script.  Values are customized in file "/etc/rc.conf" by
adding only those values differing from default values file.

In brand new installs the configure a complete "/etc" directory.
Upgrade installs generally don't update "/etc" directory.

This isn't a solution to your issue but I hope it helps.  I'm pretty new
myself and this is the best I can contribute right now.  Hopefully someone
else can fill in the gaps.

Conrad