Subject: permission problem after UNPRIVED build
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Salmi <jukka-netbsd@2004.salmi.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/02/2004 23:10:43
Hi,

on a stable NetBSD i386 system (netbsd-1-6 sources from today)
I built an UNPRIVED distribution to a non-/ DESTDIR:

$ ./build.sh -U -D $DESTDIR -d

When I installed this build I forgot to set UNPRIVED again, which
of course installed some files with incorrect permissions:

$ ./build.sh -u

I tried to install again using

$ ./build.sh -u -U

but the files still didn't have the correct permissions. I'm not
sure but I thinks it's because UPDATE was set.

Of course I could build and install again without setting UPDATE,
but I'd like to know if it's possible to have the file permission
fixed (easily), e.g. how to install to / and overwriting all files
but not having to build them again.

TIA, Jukka

--
bashian roulette: