Subject: Re: real player client
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/02/2004 11:50:35
On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Radhika Sambamurti wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of a real player like client I can use on my i386
> > NetBSD 1.6.1 system, to play audio files. I looked in pkgsrc/audio, and
> > I really do not know which pkg I should use.

> There are also command-line tools for playing realplayer audio content,
> but I have not seen in pkgsrc yet.

"trplayer" has been in pkgsrc for a while now. It doesn't play as many
formats as "mplayer" or "xmms", but it does Real Audio (TM), of course,
and it has the best quality of all the players for streaming MPG (to
my ears). I mostly listen to internet radio using "xmms", though,
because it's convenient, but it's a real resource pig, and basicly
requires a P4 or better.

Frederick