Subject: new ipf rules "not supported by device"?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Harrison <macman20001@mac.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/06/2004 12:52:49
Hello.

I'm trying to set up ipf on my NetBSD 1.6.1. Nothing fancy, just a
little self defense. Right now, this is all I have in the
configuration file.

block in on rtk0 proto tcp from any to any port = 11 # systat
block in on rtk0 proto tcp from any to any port = 15 # netstat
block in on rtk0 proto tcp from any to any port = 79 # finger

I know it's not the best thing, but this is just for a test. When I
try to run ipf, though:

rootprompt% ipf -f /etc/ipf.conf
1:ioctl(add/insert rule): Operation not supported by device
2:ioctl(add/insert rule): Operation not supported by device
3:ioctl(add/insert rule): Operation not supported by device

rtk0 is my ethernet card, a RealTek 8139 10/100 BaseTX.

Any suggestions on where i might look, or anything obvious I missed?

Thanks in advance.
--
Signed,
Dan Harrison