Subject: Re: Postfix abused as a relay?
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/27/2004 05:34:16
Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>  wrote:
 > The present case appears to be a virus or worm.  I received two copies
 > to my real address, and about 35 to 40 to numerous bogus addresses at my
 > mail server.  The bogus ones bounced off to random places (except for

Yeah, I've got about 20 in the last 12 hours to my real address. No
idea how many to bogus addresses.

 > I would *really* like to close Postfix to being used this way by
 > other systems.  As far as I know, I have done nothing to enable accepting
 > mail for non-existant users, and as far as I know, there is no reason not
 > to flag an error when RCPT TO: is bogus.

Sendmail used to do this by default but for privacy reasons was made
to accept mail regardless the recipient.  Postfix seems to have always
done that.

 > How can I do this?  Or can I?  (I'm using Postfix as shipped with NetBSD 1.6.)

anyway, you want to look at "local_recipient_maps" in main.cf.

Personally, I just added the first few mime64 bytes of the .zip
file into my /etc/postfix/body_checks :

/^TVqQAAMA/     REJECT Sorry.  No executables please.
/^UEsDBAoAAA/  REJECT Sorry. No viruses please.

---
Real PC Serial console & remote reset - The PC Weasel! http://www.realweasel.com