Subject: Re: 1.6.1 cannot get dhclient to work
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Thomas <onlyihavehandle@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/15/2004 22:14:36
Update on the situation: FreeBSD 5.1's version of the ISC dhclient, which is
something like the same major number but r30, works flawlessly (even with
the packet error). Just like with the NetBSD box, I did not at first use the
dhclient.conf... and did not need to.

Also, I had been using the default 1.6.1 kernel/userland... should I have
recompiled anything with any other options to use dhclient properly? It does
the same thing as NetBSD 1.6.1's version output-wise, but it just doesn't
connect...