Subject: Re: CVS and $NetBSD$ handling
To: None <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/15/2004 14:19:46
On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 09:08:44PM +0100, Michal Pasternak wrote:
> brook@biology.nmsu.edu [Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 01:47:25PM -0700]:
> > - Is there something I should do to make sure $NetBSD$ is handled like
> >   regular CVS keywords?
>
> Why should you change $NetBSD$ tag?
>
> Most of file formats allow comments. Use comments and add $Id$. This way you
> will have $NetBSD$ tag available, representing the version from NetBSD CVS you
> just took -- and your own tag, informing you about version revision.
>
> ... unless you want to do something with the tags, for a purpose I didn't
> think of, but I'd do it this way if I need it.

The $NetBSD$ tags in the existing files will be out-of-sync with the
real repository unless you put the line:

tag=NetBSD

in a file called "config" in the CVSROOT directory of your mirror.

...which is, I think, what you were looking for.

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz