Subject: 1.6.1 cannot get dhclient to work
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Thomas <onlyihavehandle@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/14/2004 19:54:38
I have the basic "request"s configured in /etc/dhclient.conf; starting
dhclient yields the standard stuff, then:

ip length 576 disagrees with bytes received 582
accepting packet with data after udp payload

Then it seems to work, but it doesn't. No /etc/resolv.conf updating, I can't
even ping my router. (Which runs a DHCP server)

Oddly enough, if I run dhclient without specifying the interface, it starts
sending DHCPDISCOVER to strip1... but then gets some of the following stuff
from sip0.

Apologies if this is the wrong list, and especially about the lack of
information, but I'm having to type by hand and by memory (boxes aren't
close).. oh yeah, and about the hotmail too, but it's the only thing I can
get on at the moment

If anyone has the slightest clue what the hell I'm talking about, please CC
me (I'll be happy to hand-type as much information as is necessary)