Subject: Re: unusual high loads in netbsd
To: Timothy Vogelsang <net@astrolink.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/12/2004 21:08:59
"Timothy Vogelsang" <net@astrolink.org> writes:
> Just installed NetBSD as a move (change) from FreeBSD, heard good things
> about hardware support and it appears to be a nice system.  However, I've
> noticed my load is insanely high, sitting around 0.36 Avg

That's not insanely high. Consider how many system threads (like the
reaper) are rendered runable by ordinary activity. I wouldn't even try
to compare FreeBSD and NetBSD load averages given that they don't have
the same sorts of system threads.

"Load Average" is fairly meaningless anyway -- it just tells you how
many processes are in the run queue on average.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@piermont.com