Subject: TV-in and TV-out
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Arto Huusko <armihu@utu.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/12/2004 18:37:42
Hello all,

I'm currently facing two questions about TV and NetBSD.

First of all, I want to watch and record TV progarms. I know of the
bktr driver, but the manual page is not too helpful in indicating
which cards are supported (or rather, marketing information for the
cards does not state which chip the card uses). I'm considering
two Hauppage cards: either WINTV Nicam PCI or
WIN/TV Nova-T DVB-T PCI.

I guess the Nicam PCI is supported but I have no idea about the
digitv card.

Secondly, is there any to do TV-out under NetBSD from X11?

I currently have NVidia GF440MX, which unfortunately is not
supported by the nv-tv-out program. I could of course find
a NVidia board supported by that program, but I'm considering
ditching NVidia and going for ATI. Can the XFree's radeon
driver handle TV-out on those cards, or are there any
third party programs that might do it?

Please CC me in replies, I'm not on the list.

Thanks,

   Arto