Subject: unusual high loads in netbsd
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Timothy Vogelsang <net@astrolink.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/11/2004 22:34:52
Hello,

Just installed NetBSD as a move (change) from FreeBSD, heard good things
about hardware support and it appears to be a nice system.  However, I've
noticed my load is insanely high, sitting around 0.36 Avg after navigating
myself through the file system.  I've also noticed in TOP that no
applications are running in the background that would contribute to such a
thing, is this possibly at the core level of the system?  I havn't found any
documentation online regarding this issue, I wonder if anyone else has
bumped into it.

If you can provide any information, I'd be greatful!

Timothy Grant Vogelsang
net@astrolink.org