Subject: Getting dhclient to log somewhere else than default facility.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Wouter Schoot <wouter@schoot.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/09/2004 21:18:07
Hi all,

At my netwerk, we need to use DHCP to get an IP address. Unfortunately
the lease is refreshed every hour, to that generates a bunch of loglines
for my syslogd.

So I was on my way to have it log somewhere else. Coming from Linux, I
was used to use the '!' character to have it easily logged to another
file than the defaults, when the program in question was unable to log
to another facility (which goes for dhclient, default in NetBSD).

However, NetBSD's syslogd doesn't support it, pkgsrc doesn't have other
syslog daemons except for one in wip-pkgsrc, and dhclient is unable to
log to a file or other facility.

How can I split the dhclient messages from the default file to another
file ?

I run NetBSD 1.6.2_RC3.

Regards,

Wouter Schoot