Subject: Trouble with pkgsrc
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Fabian <afabian@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/09/2004 04:01:23
I was trying to compile mozilla, and one of the dependencies is
gdk-pixbuf.  While trying to compile gdk-pixbuf, the file gdk.h
for an #include <gdk/gdk.h> is not found.  I found _a_ gdk.h in
/usr/X11R6/include/gdk-1.2/gtk/gdk.h and symbolically linked that
directory under /usr/include.  I also linked a gtk diretory.  Making
goes a bit further, but ends later with undefined references.  Had
other problems trying it with /usr/pkg/include/gtk-2.0/gdk and gtk.
Is pkgsrc broken or have I messed something up somewhere?  (I
suspect the latter, but I can't imagine what I might have done.)
Pretty standard NetBSD 1.6.1, pkgsrc supped today for everything
built.  Perhaps notable and unusual, I installed XFree86 4.3.0 from
pkgsrc-wip.

Thanks,

Adam