Subject: Re: PC emulation.
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/06/2004 20:20:10
On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> > What BIOS image are you using?

I read that wrong. I am using what ever is the default.

00000000000i[MEM0 ] rom at 0xc0000/32769 ('/usr/pkg/share/bochs/bios/VGABIOS-elpin-2.40')

I also remember now that time goes way fast for me. I left bochs running
my NetBSD for 24 hours on New Year's day and it jumped to January 11.
Another time, it was already over an hour fast when I only used for a few
minutes.

> I have booted NetBSD/i386 1.6.3_RC3 boot-big.fs. The menu had some
> problems though: arrow keys worked, but letters and enter didn't.

This time the keys all worked, but didn't detect any disk. I never
configured bochs to have a "virtual" harddisk to install too.

When I exited sysinst to the shell, then my keys started repeating and was
impossible to use from there... eeeexxxxxittt

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/