Subject: Re: killed: out of swap
To: Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Vesbula?= <vesbula@yahoo.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/04/2004 00:02:48
> > Hello, adding swap does not help me. If I do that
> the
> > process will effectively stop running.
>
> Is your system mis-configured or something like
> that?

No. What I mean is that paging slows things too much.
I don't think stacksize is very important because it's
2048 kbytes. I tried your program, with datasize
200000 it says "I can allocate as much as 199860
Kbytes.", and it is not killed by UVM. I think the
difference is that your program does not do any IO,
and therefore consumes very little system resources.